Our History & Mission
Dr. J.M. Farrell started treating patients in his home in the 1940s after graduating from Texas A&M Veterinary school in 1944. In 1949, Dr. Farrell and his brother Dr. Don Farrell founded Farrell Animal Hospital on West Division Street.
In 1972, Farrell Animal Hospital moved to the Pioneer Parkway location where we are currently located. A few years later in 1980, James Turner started working for Farrell Animal Hospital as an assistant and continued working here during summers and holidays. When he graduated from vet school in 1988, Dr. Turner returned to Farrell Animal Hospital as an associate veterinarian. He worked with Dr. J.M. Farrell until 1990, at which time he purchased Farrell Animal Hospital.
The mission of Farrell Animal Hospital is to provide superior medical care for your pet and exceptional customer service for our clients. Our experienced staff is committed to strengthening the pet-family bond through compassionate care, preventative medicine, and client education. Our mission is to be known as the best, most caring veterinary staff around.